Dart Den
Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...
Dart Den

Serving the Dart Frog Community Since 2004...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Texas May Frog Madness -Sat May 11
I'd like to invite everyone in the N. Texas area to a little informal frog get-together next month, at my place in Rowlett (East Dallas, roughly; I'm about 20 minutes from either either the (east) intersection of I-30 and 635, or the intersection of 190 (G. Bush Tollway) and 75 (N. Central Expwy), and about a block from Lake Ray Hubbard.

I was thinking of doing roughly noon to 4-5pm on one of these Saturdays - May 11, May 18, or May 25. If you're interested in attending, email me at lawson at nonliteral dot com and let me know which date works best for you; we'll do it whenever is convenient for the most people.

Tentatively, I'll be providing barbecue (likely brisket or pulled pork) and hot dogs; once we get a date nailed down I'll send around a sign-up sheet for anyone who wants to bring sides, drinks, picnic-ware, etc. Of course, plan on bringing anything frog related you're looking to sell or trade.

Things are still in a bit of moving-flux here, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, and having a first get-together at my new digs.

Hope to see you there!
Awesome!
Just in time, I pulled a bunch of pums today.
My .02 would be the sooner the better before the Tx heat is upon us.
Better hurry and get unpacked Chuck!
-Beth
Sound great Chuck, i'll be there as well, and like beth said don't want to see any boxes sitting around. Are you completely out of the other house, and did you move and reset all the fish tanks back up for fish?
BlueDacnis1 Wrote:Sound great Chuck, i'll be there as well, and like beth said don't want to see any boxes sitting around. Are you completely out of the other house, and did you move and reset all the fish tanks back up for fish?

The only boxes left are pretty much just upstairs now; I'll sequester the cats up there, and we can enjoy the box-free downstairs :-)

I'm mostly out of the other house, and it's being remodeled to sell currently. I sold all of the reef tanks and associated equipment, but I still have the freshwater tanks (the little custom planted tank, the leaky 105G and the 37G the cichlids out of the leaky 105 went in) at the old place. I've got a guy supposed to meet me there Tuesday night and move them all over here; I picked up a used 105 a couple of weeks ago to stand-in for the leaker (which I still need to get over to you for repair), so hopefully the cichlids will be back in the 105 by the time everybody comes over.

I'm not sure where in Sachse you are, but we're probably nearly next-door neighbors -- I'm basically right between Wylie, Sachse and Rowlett, up against the east side of Lake Ray Hubbard. If you're ever out wandering around and want to drop by, call me or PM me and I'll shoot you the address.
BcsTx Wrote:Awesome!
Just in time, I pulled a bunch of pums today.
My .02 would be the sooner the better before the Tx heat is upon us.
Better hurry and get unpacked Chuck!

I'm pretty much unpacked, at least downstairs. I've still got some re-arranging to do in the "conservatory", but outside of that it's about as done as it's getting for awhile :-)

I'm kind of leaning towards the 11th, but still haven't heard from many people.

Meanwhile, I think I'll spend the afternoon trimming up some tanks for some of those pums to go in... :mrgreen:
Hey Chuck
I can make it. May 11th works for me. I can bring a side - ColeSlaw goes well w bbq.
Scott - North Dallas
I'll be there! The 11th is good for me also.
What some see as death, others see as beauty.

Casper
Chuck the 11th works for me as well.
Let me know what you need me to bring.
-Beth
'kay -- I think the 11th it is. I think I've got most of your emails, but email just in case to be sure, and we'll work out who's bringing what, etc...
Update --

We're on for Saturday May 11th, Noon - 4/5pm...

I'll have enough brisket, pulled pork and potato salad for a dozen people, which is a problem since we've only got about half that many confirmed, so get the word out! :-) C'mon folks -- where else can you go and spend the afternoon talking about frogs without everybody thinking you're nuts?

E-mail me (or PM me with your email address) and I'll send you the address and directions...
No word from Zack the bbq man???
Scott - North Dallas
Nope, so far it's me, you, Beth, Casper, Jerry, and a maybe from Brad (who probably has a conflict that weekend). Haven't heard from anyone else.
Would it help the attendance if I donated a froglet for a free raffle? :roll:
-Beth
BcsTx Wrote:Would it help the attendance if I donated a froglet for a free raffle? :roll:

Door prize? :mrgreen:

Actually, it might be worth posting specifics of what people are bringing (or could bring if there was a demand) in terms of frogs, supplies, etc.; never know when you might be looking to place something someone else is looking for...
Exactly!

I have 5 (5-6 mo) mint terribs, 4 (4-5 mo) BYH, 5 (6-7 mo) bb Auratus some un sexed black jeans and unsexed cristobal juvies.
-Beth
Hi Chuck,

I think I'll probably be able to head over.

I'll bring some drinks; email me if you want me to bring something else.

-John
Spud Wrote:Hi Chuck,

I think I'll probably be able to head over.

I'll bring some drinks; email me if you want me to bring something else.

-John

Sounds great, John! I don't think I have your email, but if you PM it to me I'll put you on the updates list...

Thanks!
I am planning on coming, just let me know if there is anything i can bring!

zachaustin721@gmail.com
Great news, Zach! Just sent you out a recap email of who's bringing what, what we're still looking for, who has what, etc...
Hey Casper
Got wood??

Jerry A

User Panel Messages

Announcements
Announcement #1 8/1/2020
Announcement #2 8/2/2020
Announcement #3 8/6/2020