Greetings from the high desert

Introduce yourself to the members. Any general Announcements.
Manzanitadude

Greetings from the high desert

Postby Manzanitadude » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:54 pm

I am new to the frog world but wasn't really interested until my 10 year old became infatuated with it. Now we have several vivs established and are learning more daily. It started with us buying a fully established viv with a single female vitatus from Craigslist- We were hooked.

From a former fresh and saltwater hobbits perspective the beauty of frogs in their natural style habitat is awesome. Unfortunately we had little start up money to get into the hobby so we have relied on selling a natural resource we have locally- manzanita wood. I sold it on the several of the freshwater bulletin boards for years until my job had to take priority. My son has also taken to helping collect, process and sell the wood to feed his addiction to frogs. More importantly, it has provided some great times for us to share a love of nature and learn of the importance of responsible husbandry of PDFS.

I have learned a lot from this site already and am looking forward to meeting many of you as we continue to learn.

Cheers,
Jake

joneill809
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from the high desert

Postby joneill809 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:44 am

Welcome Jake! Kids have a funny way of getting you hooked on a hobby - that's how we discovered dart frogs. Thanks for dropping a note and we look forward to seeing pictures of your setups :).
Jim from Austin please contact me if you are willing to trade offspring from:
lorenzo - schwinn line|NAIB true sips|fantastica nominant
http://www.oneillscrossing.com/dart-frogs/

Philsuma
Site Owner

Re: Greetings from the high desert

Postby Philsuma » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:26 am

Welcome to Dart Den Jake! You'll find it all here. I'd enjoin upon you to consider putting a location in your profile - doesn't have to be the exact city or town you live in if you are squeamish about your personal info. Just a close-by location. That will greatly assist in fellow hobbyists reaching out to you.

Return to “Introductions and Announcements”