Hobby Award - thoughts ?

General Dart Frog Questions and Comments. Care and Husbandry
Philsuma
Site Owner

Re: Hobby Award - thoughts ?

Postby Philsuma » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:03 pm

cbreon wrote:it could be kind of like the medals and ribbons on military uniform, different badges could signify different things, # of posts, # of thanks, # of years, hobbyist of the month, etc....and possibly a big pile of shit emblem for a scammer, or a spring for a recognized flipper, lol

Funny ^...a turd icon.

Even though this is a Dart Den "sponsored" award it will have NOTHING to do with the Dart Den website / forum. There will never be awards for posting here, pics here ect. Even "advice" and help will be a general thing, and not posts and post count.

I want to try to transcend all of the forum/website stuff and make the awards for ANYONE of service to the frogs and the hobby. I can already think of 3-4 people / businesses and organizations that never post on Dart Den and are not members, that should be recognized.

Stu&Shaz

Postby Stu&Shaz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:05 pm

But please no tears in the acceptance speeches
Stu

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

I know of a few guys who'd give it a good attempt to pick up their Turd Award from the clean end of the turd.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

Michael Lawrence

Postby Michael Lawrence » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:45 pm

Philsuma wrote:
cbreon wrote:it could be kind of like the medals and ribbons on military uniform, different badges could signify different things, # of posts, # of thanks, # of years, hobbyist of the month, etc....and possibly a big pile of shit emblem for a scammer, or a spring for a recognized flipper, lol

Funny ^...a turd icon.

Even though this is a Dart Den "sponsored" award it will have NOTHING to do with the Dart Den website / forum. There will never be awards for posting here, pics here ect. Even "advice" and help will be a general thing, and not posts and post count.

I want to try to transcend all of the forum/website stuff and make the awards for ANYONE of service to the frogs and the hobby. I can already think of 3-4 people / businesses and organizations that never post on Dart Den and are not members, that should be recognized.

Wont these individuals have to join DD to even get some type of award or label for it to work from here? If they dont post or use DD how would it even be beneficial to list them? I think youd do better to just stamp all the bad in the hobby with a nasty red flag by their posts and name.
Everyday I meet someone I dislike, are you today's pick? If you dislike me it's because somethings wrong with you!

Don't Be A Hybridiot!

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:36 pm

No Mike....We will give out the award no matter who and where they are - European, Chinese hobbyists. Forum members or not. They can choose to enjoy the accolade or not, it's totally up to them. What the "award" (or whatever it finally gets called) will do, is allow DD members - many, as you already know, are new(er) to be able to see who they may want to patronize over someone else. It's a solid "attaboy" from my viewpoint, but it's also a road map to a good first experience to buy or get stuff from as opposed to rolling the dice on the interweb and hitting a random flipper.

Michael Lawrence

Postby Michael Lawrence » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:26 pm

ok, I was not sure on whether this was a stamp or award on the actual board or not. ot sure how it would work or benefit the people if its not stamped on the board for all to see, Maybe Im just confused on it.

Michael
Everyday I meet someone I dislike, are you today's pick? If you dislike me it's because somethings wrong with you!

Don't Be A Hybridiot!

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:49 pm

Yeah...I agree that it is a pretty "fluid" idea and fraught with potential problems. I'm just spitballin' it here and seeing whatcha guys think.

fieldsmith

Postby fieldsmith » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:53 am

Maybe if you get the seal of approval you have to get a face tattoo...be hard to miss that (at least in person).
Anyway, I thinks its a great idea if it can be easily implemented and will be clear to everyone. I'm proposing the first nomination should go to Phil...a two thumbs up sign for patience and devoting so much time to keeping this place awesome.
-Field Smith
Some frogs...

cbreon

Postby cbreon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:25 am

Ahhhhh, nothing says 'trustworty' like a facial tatoo

Return to “General Questions and Comments”