Where to send fecals?

Have a sick Dart Frog? Preventative, Treatments, Methods and Medicines.
RichFrye

Re: Where to send fecals?

Postby RichFrye » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:22 am

I often read experienced people mentioning the "stress" of quarantine. If the setup is stressing frogs it's is obviously counterproductive and set up wrong.
A simple container with plenty of hides and leafy plants with a substrate ( be it paper towel or something 'dirt ' based) that is air tight should be stress free.
Phil has mentioned the lids on some of the round tubs making popping noises and being a bit of a pain, but I have not really experienced that too much. Just use ones that have been used enough that the lid no longer is too tight and has worked a bit looser. Or, use 2.5 gallon or even 5 gallon aquariums.
Bottom line, if the frogs are being stressed in quarantine the environment is set up wrong and can/will be counterproductive.
Pertaining to tinc toe pads, tincs take awhile to mature and it can be over a year before they can absolutely be sexed.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

ColleenT

Re: Where to send fecals?

Postby ColleenT » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:33 pm

i don't think my frogs are stressed, i think they are a bit bored. i am the one who is stressed. LOL. but that is just my nature, i'll get thru it. i am 95% sure my "male" is a female. just gonna roll with it and hope they get along.
1.0.0 husband
1.1.0 horses
2.3.0 dogs
0.0.2 Gray tree frogs
0.3.0 Azureus

Return to “Hospital - Stress, Injuries, Disease and Treatments”