Vivarium redo

If you are new to the hobby, then this is an excellent starting place. ALL questions are good questions here!
Lanthia

Vivarium redo

Postby Lanthia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:56 pm

I took all of my home made rocks out and replaced them with cork bark. I got it all put back together. I thought something looked off but it was late so I walked away. In the morning during clean up there was a whole bucket full of hyroballs. :evil: So I took it all apart again.

Here is the finished results, sans broms and a few other plants...they are ordered, so weather willing...

Comments and critique please.

Philsuma
Site Owner

Re: Vivarium redo

Postby Philsuma » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:53 pm

Looks good. Makes sure there is @ 1/2 an inch of water in your false bottom. That will help your humidity.

Also practice hand spraying your entire tank and you will be able to properly gauge your humidity and rate of evaporation.

Don't put too much stock in the readings of those Zoo Med dials, there are cheap, cheaply made and often VERY inaccurate - especially the humidity gauge.

joneill809
Site Admin

Postby joneill809 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Wow you are fast! Looks great. What kind of screen did you use? I cannot tell if that is standard screen or a finer mesh. Just a caution that standard window screen is NOT fruit fly proof :)
Jim from Austin please contact me if you are willing to trade offspring from:
lorenzo - schwinn line|NAIB true sips|fantastica nominant
http://www.oneillscrossing.com/dart-frogs/

Lanthia

Postby Lanthia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:22 pm

It is the screen my friend who owns the local fish shop uses for hers and sold to me. I'll have to ask her. If it's not, I'll have to slap her. :wink:

Return to “Beginner Questions and Comments”