O.pumilio "Eldorado" morph pics

Members Dart Frogs, Zoological pics or even In-Situ from your vacation. Videos. Dart Den Members Only Viewing.
sidney ferrell
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:44 pm
Location: San Marcos,Texas

Re: O.pumilio "Eldorado" morph pics

Postby sidney ferrell » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:16 pm

thedude wrote:They are from the mainland, and within the "El Dorado" range, although people should be aware that is a large range with many mini populations within, like with Las Tablas. They were collected on a friends ranch there. Marcus has told several people this who have asked apparently.


Its like the yara many consider our current almirante. Its near but also collected from an ejido(ranch) and these are considerably larger than the almirante we now have and they are bright orange with cobalt blue legs. I know for a fact marcus knows this as we split a very few that strictly had last year. Nothing near any of the thousands of almirantes SR has ever brought in. Then in an email, Laurent(farm operator) confirmed they were from a very nearby loacale privately owned and not many were acquired. Just the info I got

cbreon
Senior Member
Posts: 542
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:33 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: O.pumilio "Eldorado" morph pics

Postby cbreon » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:10 pm

thedude wrote:They are from the mainland, and within the "El Dorado" range, although people should be aware that is a large range with many mini populations within, like with Las Tablas. They were collected on a friends ranch there. Marcus has told several people this who have asked apparently.


Marcus told me a similar story, although I don't know that they were kept separate from the other eldorado collected during that time period. So, we would have to manage based on import year and phenotype, which is certainly less than ideal...

User avatar
RichFrye
Senior Member
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:10 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: O.pumilio "Eldorado" morph pics

Postby RichFrye » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Out of curiosity, was 2008 before or after the 'reliable' "mainland Cristobal" info?
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.


If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

thedude
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: washington

Re: O.pumilio "Eldorado" morph pics

Postby thedude » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:53 pm

cbreon wrote:Marcus told me a similar story, although I don't know that they were kept separate from the other eldorado collected during that time period. So, we would have to manage based on import year and phenotype, which is certainly less than ideal...


During that time period? You mean 2008? All of the 08 imports are from there supposedly. I would say all the other years could be mixed cause there aren't differences with them.
Adam Hess

cbreon
Senior Member
Posts: 542
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:33 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: O.pumilio "Eldorado" morph pics

Postby cbreon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:09 pm

thedude wrote:
cbreon wrote:Marcus told me a similar story, although I don't know that they were kept separate from the other eldorado collected during that time period. So, we would have to manage based on import year and phenotype, which is certainly less than ideal...


During that time period? You mean 2008? All of the 08 imports are from there supposedly. I would say all the other years could be mixed cause there aren't differences with them.


Although, it is my opinion, that the 2008 eldorado are very similar to 'Las Tablas' and should be kept seperate from the other eldorado that is not generally accepted. It would take the acceptance of this info by most of the hobby to move towards a management plan for this group. In some ways we are already saying that the SR imports should be managed by year, but obviously this is not always correct either. In lies the problem with many of these pumilio imports. Is it better than "insert color pumilio", yes, but still not the level of detail you would need to properly manage populations within the hobby. Even some sort of alphanumeric code to accompany the imports would serve the purpose. For example, eldorado AB1 should only be bred with AB1 and AB2 or something like that...

User avatar
Philsuma
Site Owner
Posts: 10494
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:10 am
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Contact:

Re: O.pumilio "Eldorado" morph pics

Postby Philsuma » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:01 am

"Spotted' elDorado info.


Return to “Dart Frog Photographs / Wild Habitat Pics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests