New MistKing timers

Equiptment, Tools, Timers, Fans, Parts and their use.
joneill809
Site Admin

New MistKing timers

Postby joneill809 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:41 am

I just picked up two of the MistKing RCT-24 timers. They are great little units. I went with the repeat cycle timers because they appeared to be easier for me to shift my misting schedules around quickly. They installed quickly, and after some initial struggles getting situated with the lingo for programing them I had them up and running. I really like the push button manual trigger of the mister.

Anyhow I dumped a bunch of pictures of the unboxing and setup process here if anyone is interested. I'll post back with impressions over time. Curious if anyone else has picked them up and what their experiences are with the other models.
Jim from Austin please contact me if you are willing to trade offspring from:
lorenzo - schwinn line|NAIB true sips|fantastica nominant
http://www.oneillscrossing.com/dart-frogs/

Sherman

Re: New MistKing timers

Postby Sherman » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:12 am

I have the ST-24 and think it is pretty good.
The programming is similar to the old timer, but it is more convenient to be able to locate the interface somewhere other than directly on an outlet. It looks good enough to sit right out in front of the viv.
Attachments
DSCN7679sm.JPG
DSCN7678sm.JPG

joneill809
Site Admin

Postby joneill809 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:01 am

Thanks for sharing Chris! Agree on the appearance - I've gotten a few comments about how impressive the timer looks. That build looks pretty awesome too! I like the cutout.

Can you program this one for a once-a-week flush of the viv? Say a single 15 to 30 minute run on a Saturday?
Jim from Austin please contact me if you are willing to trade offspring from:
lorenzo - schwinn line|NAIB true sips|fantastica nominant
http://www.oneillscrossing.com/dart-frogs/

Sherman

Postby Sherman » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:21 am

Yes, there are 10 programmable misting cycles. They can be set to run every day of the week or on any individual day such as your example. It is very similar to the previous timer in that respect. Unlike the cycle timer, you set the start time and stop time, with the difference between them being the duration.

Thanks for the compliment.I put in the bottom trim piece to hide the wire for the timer. I had to put the cutout in to watch the tadpoles.

Return to “Lighting, Misting Systems, Tweaks, Modifications”