Book is Done! But, Need Help Finding a Good Publisher

Dart Frog related articles and other items of interest.
RichFrye

Book is Done! But, Need Help Finding a Good Publisher

Postby RichFrye » Wed May 06, 2009 6:07 pm

Good news. I have the book ready to publish.
Bad news . The publishing house I was hoping to go with decided to give bad info about the content size limits. In other words, I had planned to use CreateSpace , but my 160mb file is too big. 60mb too big. Even though before I started the project I asked specifically if there was any limit on the number of pictures I could use. Their email (they do not have any phone contact at all) stated there was no limit. Just pay-per-page...Bad info.
Anyway, I am looking for basically a low/zero out of pocket publisher that can print on demand. And it has to be able to accept 160mb worth of information. Something I would have thought any house would be able to accommodate, but am wrong about.
Any solid info would be appreciated. I have searched and would love some input from anybody who has been happy with a publisher in the past.

Thanks,
Rich
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Wed May 06, 2009 7:29 pm

LULU

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Wed May 06, 2009 8:02 pm

Philsuma wrote:LULU

Looked into it . Used their "price calculator " and they say they want over twice the amount that Create wanted per book, my price. More than I had planned on selling the book for retail . Unless I am not using the calculator correctly...
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

rjmarchisi

Postby rjmarchisi » Wed May 06, 2009 11:32 pm

Hey,

I work in graphics and design for a living and deal with printers and file prep all of the time. Rich, contact me at rob at rjmarchisi dot com and I should be able to get that file size down for you and formatted correctly.

rob

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Fri May 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Problem solved. Thanks tons Rob!

Rich

Return to “Books, Magazines and Papers”