escudo imports 2012

Oophaga arborea
Oophaga granulifera
Oophaga histrionica
Oophaga lehmanni
Oophaga occultator
Oophaga pumilio
Oophaga speciosa
Oophaga sylvatica
Oophaga vicentei
User avatar
RichFrye
Senior Member
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:10 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby RichFrye » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:37 pm

BluePumilio wrote:Notice that those that are complaining have a financial stake in it. It you want high prices on frogs, control the market. If you can't monopolize the species, expect competition.


Another option (one I personally opt for) is to provide something the asshole importers can not.
Quality CB frogs from known locales.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.


If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

BluePumilio
Senior Member
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby BluePumilio » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:38 pm

O. pumilio are becoming easier by the day. I remember in the 90's when it was a rare event, it's now rare for them not to breed.

User avatar
RichFrye
Senior Member
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:10 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby RichFrye » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:43 pm

BluePumilio wrote:O. pumilio are becoming easier by the day. I remember in the 90's when it was a rare event, it's now rare for them not to breed.


I've been yelling at the top of my lungs about proper quarantine and sharing food stuff info, husbandry , etc. , for year and years now.
The simple fact is that yes, pums breed well when you know what you are doing.
No, pum young do not survive at the rate of tincs or auaratus and they certainly can not put out the volume that tincs etc. can in a year. Not even close.
I ask again, where are all the F2s for sale? Thousands and thousands of pums came in ***UN-quotaed*** (just for Ed ) , where are all the offspring? Hell, where are all the 'rarer' morphs that made it here?
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.


If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

Crystallized
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:13 pm
Location: SD, CALI

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby Crystallized » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:51 pm

RichFrye wrote:
Crystallized wrote:
RichFrye wrote:
And what happened to most ALL of those cheap frogs?


Theres a handful still around.

There was also Again very little knowledge back then on proper QT and medication for the common hobbiest


Where are all the F2 pums from a year or two ago?



Growing up in my tanks.. lol :wink:

But In all seriousness, there is only a fraction of imported frogs that survive to produce future generations. Is the survival rate better than it was in the 90's? Yes
Is the survival rate on current imports acceptable.. eh debatable , the ones that have been surviving tho have been the frogs that got properly QT and medicated.
I Do NOT Support "Dart Frog Connection"

User avatar
RichFrye
Senior Member
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:10 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby RichFrye » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Crystallized wrote:
But In all seriousness, there is only a fraction of imported frogs that survive to produce future generations. Is the survival rate better than it was in the 90's? Yes

The price/cost is also higher.
Crystallized wrote:Is the survival rate on current imports acceptable.. eh debatable , the ones that have been surviving tho have been the frogs that got properly QT and medicated.


No, the rate is not acceptable , if you want more frogs to survive.
Yes, some people are finally over using the term;
" if it aint broke, don't fix it..."

Bottom line, if/when pums are $30 they die and are lost to the hobby.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.


If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

Crystallized
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:13 pm
Location: SD, CALI

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby Crystallized » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:09 pm

RichFrye wrote:The price/cost is also higher.


RichFrye wrote: No, the rate is not acceptable , if you want more frogs to survive.
Yes, some people are finally over using the term;
" if it aint broke, don't fix it..."

Bottom line, if/when pums are $30 they die and are lost to the hobby.


Alright good points...
I was mostly against high prices in the beginning of the thread because Sidney sounds like he's bitching about his declining "profits" on his "rare" highly sought after, ego boosting, status increasing pumilio.
I Do NOT Support "Dart Frog Connection"

sidney ferrell
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:44 pm
Location: San Marcos,Texas

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby sidney ferrell » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Crystallized wrote:
RichFrye wrote:The price/cost is also higher.


RichFrye wrote: No, the rate is not acceptable , if you want more frogs to survive.
Yes, some people are finally over using the term;
" if it aint broke, don't fix it..."

Bottom line, if/when pums are $30 they die and are lost to the hobby.


Alright good points...
I was mostly against high prices in the beginning of the thread because Sidney sounds like he's bitching about his declining "profits" on his "rare" highly sought after, ego boosting, status increasing pumilio.

Dumb and ignorant you are.....enough said. You must be reading and processing only what bad you can make oyt of what Im trying to get to.... Profits? Ego boost? Really? Really???? Many who are currently viewing this tgread can confirm Im not all about the profit and never have I sold to tgem for higher end...again, not my point. I hate with a passion those who hate on someone who busts his ass and rewards himself with a harley and not with a honda or with a bnw and not with a civic.... Read before you talk smack!!!!

BluePumilio
Senior Member
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby BluePumilio » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Personally, I give kudos to whomever can make the most money in this biz.

User avatar
RichFrye
Senior Member
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:10 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby RichFrye » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Sidney,
I will post as soon as you send me money you claim you will (for months now) .
As of now I have not received one cent . I post this mainly because I have had others ask if you have started to re-pay me, and they seem to have a different spin from you.
Just so everyone knows,
not a red cent has been sent yet, and I WILL post if/when this changes...
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.


If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

User avatar
RichFrye
Senior Member
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:10 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby RichFrye » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:43 pm

BluePumilio wrote:Personally, I give kudos to whomever can make the most money in this biz.


...that should depend (always) on how whomever makes the money. And many make $ in an unethical way.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.


If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

BluePumilio
Senior Member
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby BluePumilio » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:55 pm

If you educate the market to have ethics, things would change.

Crystallized
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:13 pm
Location: SD, CALI

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby Crystallized » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:57 pm

sidney ferrell wrote:Dumb and ignorant you are.....enough said. You must be reading and processing only what bad you can make oyt of what Im trying to get to.... Profits? Ego boost? Really? Really???? Many who are currently viewing this tgread can confirm Im not all about the profit and never have I sold to tgem for higher end...again, not my point. I hate with a passion those who hate on someone who busts his ass and rewards himself with a harley and not with a honda or with a bnw and not with a civic.... Read before you talk smack!!!!



Soo... banned from DB and came here, and started giving away frogs in return in turn to regain positive feedback?

Just out of curiosity why aren't you on DB anymore? Wasn't that whole questionable Esperanza thing was it?..
I Do NOT Support "Dart Frog Connection"

User avatar
RichFrye
Senior Member
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:10 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby RichFrye » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:59 pm

BluePumilio wrote:If you educate the marke to have ethics, things would change.

I'd love to see how you 'teach' adults to 'be good'.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.


If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

sidney ferrell
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:44 pm
Location: San Marcos,Texas

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby sidney ferrell » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Crystallized wrote:
sidney ferrell wrote:Dumb and ignorant you are.....enough said. You must be reading and processing only what bad you can make oyt of what Im trying to get to.... Profits? Ego boost? Really? Really???? Many who are currently viewing this tgread can confirm Im not all about the profit and never have I sold to tgem for higher end...again, not my point. I hate with a passion those who hate on someone who busts his ass and rewards himself with a harley and not with a honda or with a bnw and not with a civic.... Read before you talk smack!!!!



Soo... banned from DB and came here, and started giving away frogs in return in turn to regain positive feedback?

Just out of curiosity why aren't you on DB anymore? Wasn't that whole questionable Esperanza thing was it?..

I dunno....you seem to know more than me apparently. I was under the impression I was banned because I thought kyle,scott and co were a bunch of big phags and so I called them that.....but I dunno. Haha..

frogfreak
Senior Member
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:57 pm
Location: Brantford,Ontario

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby frogfreak » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:32 pm

JayMillz wrote:I wish every frog was $5/frog...no matter which one. Then smugglers wouldn't have a job, and I could afford the half a dozen or so species still on my wish list that I want. A guy can dream right...

Problem is, there wouldn't be anyone breeding frogs. There's time and money involved in breeding them.
Glenn

User avatar
JayMillz
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:49 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby JayMillz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:43 pm

frogfreak wrote:
JayMillz wrote:I wish every frog was $5/frog...no matter which one. Then smugglers wouldn't have a job, and I could afford the half a dozen or so species still on my wish list that I want. A guy can dream right...

Problem is, there wouldn't be anyone breeding frogs. There's time and money involved in breeding them.


Yeah, very true. I've more than spent my start-up budget for getting into this hobby and if I ever want to expand my collection, it would take an insane about of $5 frogs to do that lol
Josh

Strictly Reptiles
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:21 pm
Location: Hollywood, FL
Contact:

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby Strictly Reptiles » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:50 am

Frogs
Attachments
20121218_092925.jpg
20121218_092448-1-1.jpg
20121218_091806.jpg
20121218_091708.jpg
20121218_091405-1.jpg
20121218_091248.jpg

User avatar
Philsuma
Site Owner
Posts: 10494
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:10 am
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Contact:

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby Philsuma » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:08 am

undeniably beautiful !!

That's my fav 'morph' / population - the more or less equal blue and reds.

sidney ferrell
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:44 pm
Location: San Marcos,Texas

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby sidney ferrell » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:36 pm

they look nice and fat and unstressed.....wish my gf would get me some for xmas! ; )

User avatar
RichFrye
Senior Member
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:10 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: escudo imports 2012

Postby RichFrye » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:37 am

Crystallized wrote:
RichFrye wrote:The price/cost is also higher.


RichFrye wrote: No, the rate is not acceptable , if you want more frogs to survive.
Yes, some people are finally over using the term;
" if it aint broke, don't fix it..."

Bottom line, if/when pums are $30 they die and are lost to the hobby.


Alright good points...
I was mostly against high prices in the beginning of the thread because Sidney sounds like he's bitching about his declining "profits" on his "rare" highly sought after, ego boosting, status increasing pumilio.


An update and some mention of what Sidney's 'concerned ' about...
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5211&p=44683#p44683
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.


If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476


Return to “Oophaga Genus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests