Oophaga occultator
Oophaga pumilio
Oophaga speciosa
Oophaga sylvatica
Oophaga vicentei
BluePumilio

Re: An Idea for a Pumillio List

Postby BluePumilio » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:21 pm

Philsuma wrote:Well there ya go Stu...question answered ?

Hahaha, the never ending locale debates....

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:29 pm

BluePumilio wrote:Rich,

What I am asking is how do we know the locality given for the black jeans is correct?

This question can be asked of each and every or any dart which has not gone through the rigors of the infamous FIA...and even then there's no proof unless quite a number of things can be proven.
All those Sickly Panama imports, for only one example.
I guess it comes down to who has proven to be trust worthy, and who has not. Habitually , on both ends.

BluePumilio wrote: I know that the closest town my Siquirres line is collected is Siquirres. I stated that before, privately, and I don't know how to get more specific without giving GPS. Either way, I have no doubt to the locale of the Siquirres breeding stock that are being exported from CR.

And I have no doubt about my locales. See how that works?

BluePumilio wrote:I don't have enough information on the Siquirres Black Jeans, though. Which is why I'm curious about it. Do we actually know the collection location as Siquirres? If it wasn't brought in through the US universities, but through Europe, is it possible there is a better locale name for the Siquirres Black Jeans? Do we have GPS information, or just the locale of "Siquirres"? I ask because the more I learn about the frogs they keep and breed in CR, the more I wonder why blue jean offspring are not popping up in the Black Jeans when the Seis Amigos as Siquirres locales have blue legged as well as a few black legged individuals.

As stated a number of times by myself today, I will not venture a guess at others' info or guesswork or reasoning behind their "Black Jeans " labels.
I have always trusted the info given to me when I place a definitive label on a frog (without having to go through an FIA act hoop or six) , I have never once been given a reason not to trust the proven trust worthy who have repetitively given me 100% accurate info over the years time and again. Vested, proven, trust worthy, accurate. And in this day and age in our hobby, both U.S. , E.U., and south of our United States' border this is a rare happening.

And, finally, there are absolutely blue legged Siquirres Black Jeans "popping up" , and at about the same rate that farther, farther west Blue Jeans produce offspring with black legs.

Unfortunately the reward for the assholes' work to hurt my contacts is just a bit more silence on my public postings.
Speculate at will. I'm here for the long haul.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:31 pm

Yes.

RichFrye wrote:
Stu&Shaz wrote:...

...Maybe this just isn't workable...

Stu

This is the issue Stu. Good info posted relies on good info given. If you have found bad info in the past from exporters or importers you essentially must work under the premise that more than the one or two or ten made up locales are just that, made up. Bad info = unworkable.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

Stu&Shaz

Postby Stu&Shaz » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:18 am

Yes thanks Phil all understood

Stu

Return to “Oophaga Genus”