blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Oophaga arborea
Oophaga granulifera
Oophaga histrionica
Oophaga lehmanni
Oophaga occultator
Oophaga pumilio
Oophaga speciosa
Oophaga sylvatica
Oophaga vicentei
pa.walt
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:26 am
Location: earth

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby pa.walt » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:30 pm

pafrogguy wrote:Thats a shame. They are beautiful frogs nonetheless and u are right. I wasn't paying $4k for 7 females. Especially when prob 2 are sexed wrong and die off on top of that. That's just too much. They are spectacular though. Enjoy them

isn't 4k 4000 or am i wrong. about the price $100 each is cheap. what do you think they will go for as resold. $200 or more.
I think some of you are mad because YOU didn't get them yourself. I wish I could of gotten them. even if they are females.
I'll shut up now.

pafrogguy
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:25 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby pafrogguy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:33 pm

Those right there are my favorites of the different ones that came in. I seen one that was rainbow colored that was just dang amazing. Nice frogs!

hoppityBoppity11
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Georgetown, TX

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby hoppityBoppity11 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:38 pm

pa.walt wrote:
pafrogguy wrote:Thats a shame. They are beautiful frogs nonetheless and u are right. I wasn't paying $4k for 7 females. Especially when prob 2 are sexed wrong and die off on top of that. That's just too much. They are spectacular though. Enjoy them

isn't 4k 4000 or am i wrong. about the price $100 each is cheap. what do you think they will go for as resold. $200 or more.
I think some of you are mad because YOU didn't get them yourself. I wish I could of gotten them. even if they are females.
I'll shut up now.

No there was 20 only. So $200 each! 8-/

But im telling ya. Way worth it to make it my livingroom frog.

pafrogguy
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:25 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby pafrogguy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:40 pm

There were 20 frogs. They wanted $4000 for all of which there were 7 females. That is not $100 a frog, that is $200. I would not get them to resell, but to actually work with them myself. There were 7 pairs and the rest males. At the time, they wanted to sell them all at once, and I just could not see paying that for only 7 females. No idea where you are getting I am mad, I am not. I said it is a shame referring to if they are wc coming from a small population that may not be stable.

hoppityBoppity11
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Georgetown, TX

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby hoppityBoppity11 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:41 pm

pafrogguy wrote:There were 20 frogs. They wanted $4000 for all of which there were 7 females. That is not $100 a frog, that is $200. I would not get them to resell, but to actually work with them myself. There were 7 pairs and the rest males. At the time, they wanted to sell them all at once, and I just could not see paying that for only 7 females. No idea where you are getting I am mad, I am not. I said it is a shame referring to if they are wc coming from a small population that may not be stable.

Ill be mad if i end up with 4 females !!!! ;-)

User avatar
IEatBugs
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:30 pm
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Contact:

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby IEatBugs » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:15 pm

There is also another Colubre that came in, Del Rey. Also a really amazing animal that is mostly yellow/orange with blue legs. There was a few more of those than the Loma but only a few of them were yellow.

Edit: Maybe it wasn't Colubre...I don't recall what Ray said now. I am thinking he said they were all three from the same area but I could be wrong. :oops:

Edit, Again... Confirmed, they do all three come from the same area.
Dustin Y.

User avatar
IEatBugs
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:30 pm
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Contact:

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby IEatBugs » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:29 pm

IEatBugs wrote:There is also another Colubre that came in, Del Rey. Also a really amazing animal that is mostly yellow/orange with blue legs. There was a few more of those than the Loma but only a few of them were yellow.

Edit: Maybe it wasn't Colubre...I don't recall what Ray said now. I am thinking he said they were all three from the same area but I could be wrong. :oops:

Edit, Again... Confirmed, they do all three come from the same area.



So not Colubre Del Rey... Valle Del Rey. But come from same area... I think I will stop posting now lol
Dustin Y.

hoppityBoppity11
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Georgetown, TX

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby hoppityBoppity11 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Yeah rio colubre,loma colubre and chaco de pava all very close locales. I know theres still some beautiful lomas,del rey and pavas. Im very interested to see what people get
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Chaco de pava
image.jpg
A red phase del rey. Amazing

hoppityBoppity11
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Georgetown, TX

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby hoppityBoppity11 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:35 pm

This has been my favorite import personally.

Dont forget that pastores island also showed up. People would knock down your door asking for these not too long ago! And here they are now...for those green frog lovers. I waited a long time to grab a few of these. If it wasnt for my darn colubres i would have been a little more excited to get my pastores
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg (14.92 KiB) Viewed 1776 times

User avatar
IEatBugs
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:30 pm
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Contact:

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby IEatBugs » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Indeed, a lot of really nice stuff. The Pastores are really awesome little frogs and they seem pretty bold as well.
Dustin Y.

hoppityBoppity11
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Georgetown, TX

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby hoppityBoppity11 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:55 pm

IEatBugs wrote:Indeed, a lot of really nice stuff. The Pastores are really awesome little frogs and they seem pretty bold as well.

Yes...its weird how the smallest frogs seem to be bolder than the bigger ones. You can actually youtube a video i believe jp lawrence posted a few years back where hes studying these guys and theres a male actually jumping all over his eqipment trying to pick a fight with him!

randommind
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby randommind » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Did you add any of these to your collection Dustin?

User avatar
Philsuma
Site Owner
Posts: 10495
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:10 am
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Contact:

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby Philsuma » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:52 pm

my how times have changed. I 'member buyin' pumilio at stickley Reptiles for...wait for it....$30.00 each.

pafrogguy
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:25 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby pafrogguy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Oh my yes they have changed. I also remember $100 azureus froglets lol. And yea, where are your pics Dustin????

hoppityBoppity11
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Georgetown, TX

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby hoppityBoppity11 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Dont forget the $15 bjs or histos at the mall gift shops!!! What are they called!???? Ones with all the crazy usles posters and prank games.

hoppityBoppity11
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Georgetown, TX

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby hoppityBoppity11 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Spencers gifts!!!! Oh yea...in brownsville they sold them in little glass terrariums. Sad everytime id walk by. Id try to buy all but had no clue what to do with them

User avatar
Armson
Senior Member
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:53 pm
Location: Haymarket, Va

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby Armson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:35 pm

hoppityBoppity11 wrote:Fyi to all- I was just at my place in costarica for 8days and we went to cocle prov and got to visit here. All i can say is that theyre at least trying to provide healthy frogs. Theres nothing we can do to prevent wc,fr,cb imports...so just be happy that they are coming in in much better shape they used to years back.



Where are the pics? post more pics!

User avatar
Armson
Senior Member
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:53 pm
Location: Haymarket, Va

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre"

Postby Armson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:39 pm

hoppityBoppity11 wrote:Im gonna plan out the perfect tank for them as I will keep them in my living room to enjoy them everyday all day! I have a few ideas at what i want to construct but im def open for ideas/suggestions so please help. I want a 360deg view.



post more viv pics like these.

Is it me or are the Europeans just on completely different level of viv building?

-Byron

User avatar
IEatBugs
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:30 pm
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Contact:

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre" Nov 2013

Postby IEatBugs » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:18 am

randommind wrote:Did you add any of these to your collection Dustin?


I did pick up a few things. I will make a new thread so I don't take away from the Colubre info.
Dustin Y.

goods
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: blue Oophaga pumilio "colubre"

Postby goods » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:56 am

Armson wrote:post more viv pics like these.

Is it me or are the Europeans just on completely different level of viv building?

-Byron


No, there are quite a few American hobbyists who build beautiful tanks that look like real natural systems. Most people just don't want to take the time and are ok with pothos and fig ivy.
ZG


Return to “Oophaga Genus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests