What is the smallest species of thumbnail?

R. abdita - R. altobueyensis - R. amazonica - R. biolat - R. bombetes - R. claudiae - R. cyanovittata - R. daleswansoni - R. defleri - R. dorisswansonae - R. duellmani - R. fantastica - R. flavovittata - R. fulgurita - R. ignea - R. imitator - R. intermedia - R. lamasi - R. minuta - R. opisthomelas - R. reticulata - R. rubrocephala - R. sirensis -R. summersi- R. tolimensis - R. uakarii - R. vanzolinii - R. variabilis - R. ventrimaculata - R. viridis - R. virolinensis - R. yavaricola
Frogopolis

What is the smallest species of thumbnail?

Postby Frogopolis » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:59 pm

If there are other species outside of this genus you can list them too. The one problem I can remember of the tiny species is that they are hard to come by and are expensive.

I'm kind of looking for a challenge. It's the reason I've been cutting back on my collection in the last year. I decided not to buy any new frogs until I can find a more difficult species to work with.

Philsuma
Site Owner

Re: What is the smallest species of thumbnail?

Postby Philsuma » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Ranitomeya reticulata gets my vote.

About $80-100 for a well started froglet

Uncommon but not rare in the U.S hobby. At least two different 'morphs' or populations / imports

The males are VERY combative. Deaths and stress are much higher than most other thumbnails

The froglets morph out tiny. TINY and need lots of extra care and feedings / supplements.

Frogopolis

Re: What is the smallest species of thumbnail?

Postby Frogopolis » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am

Philsuma wrote:Ranitomeya reticulata gets my vote.

About $80-100 for a well started froglet

Uncommon but not rare in the U.S hobby. At least two different 'morphs' or populations / imports

The males are VERY combative. Deaths and stress are much higher than most other thumbnails

The froglets morph out tiny. TINY and need lots of extra care and feedings / supplements.

I completely forgot about Reticulata. I almost bought some about a year ago. I'll go back and start researching them again.

Thanks,

Return to “Ranitomeya Genus”