Morphing Highland Lamasi - Pics

R. abdita - R. altobueyensis - R. amazonica - R. biolat - R. bombetes - R. claudiae - R. cyanovittata - R. daleswansoni - R. defleri - R. dorisswansonae - R. duellmani - R. fantastica - R. flavovittata - R. fulgurita - R. ignea - R. imitator - R. intermedia - R. lamasi - R. minuta - R. opisthomelas - R. reticulata - R. rubrocephala - R. sirensis -R. summersi- R. tolimensis - R. uakarii - R. vanzolinii - R. variabilis - R. ventrimaculata - R. viridis - R. virolinensis - R. yavaricola
RichFrye

Morphing Highland Lamasi - Pics

Postby RichFrye » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:22 pm

L1050988.JPG

L1050990.JPG

L1050991.JPG

L1050992.JPG
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

Dendro_Dave

Re: Morphing Highland Lamasi - Pics

Postby Dendro_Dave » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Nice work Rich! :)
Everything I've ever wrote is/was just my opinion :P

whitethumb
Sponsor: 0

Postby whitethumb » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:43 pm

any updated pics? thanks rich!

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:19 am

Still morphing . I'll shoot more pics after fronts are popped.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:31 am

Fronts just starting to push.
L1060049.JPG
L1060055.JPG

whitethumb

Postby whitethumb » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:54 pm

that's awesome, thanks for the update

Armson

Postby Armson » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:57 pm

I am just asking because I don't know.

Are these the same as standard lamasi ?

-Byron

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Yup. Same.

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:57 am

L1060056.JPG
L1060057.JPG
L1060061.JPG
Attachments
L1060060.JPG

Bill Schwinn

Postby Bill Schwinn » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Congratulations!

Stu&Shaz

Postby Stu&Shaz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:05 pm

Rich,first up the obvious thanks and congratulations,stunning pics as always and I don't think this particular frog morphing out is one I have seen before.

Rich we are very interested in keeping these,can you give us any information please,while I say these,but there seem to be two highland lamasi out there divorsia(huanaco sp?) and tingo maria are these pictures divorsia Rich,your nomenclature might be totally different to ours,if so I'll try and be clearer
Could you give us parameters for temp,that you keep yours at please,i'm curious as to how much cooler you keep them than your other frogs...if at all ?

How much time do they spend on the ground as opposed to off the ground?

If this is a derailment you don't want here,then just take the thanks,but we have both long loved these frogs and see so few folks breeding I had to ask

much thanks

Stu

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:00 am

Stu&Shaz wrote:Rich,first up the obvious thanks and congratulations,stunning pics as always and I don't think this particular frog morphing out is one I have seen before.

Rich we are very interested in keeping these,can you give us any information please,while I say these,but there seem to be two highland lamasi out there divorsia(huanaco sp?) and tingo maria are these pictures divorsia Rich,your nomenclature might be totally different to ours,if so I'll try and be clearer
Could you give us parameters for temp,that you keep yours at please,i'm curious as to how much cooler you keep them than your other frogs...if at all ?

How much time do they spend on the ground as opposed to off the ground?

If this is a derailment you don't want here,then just take the thanks,but we have both long loved these frogs and see so few folks breeding I had to ask

much thanks

Stu

Thanks Stu and everyone.
As far as I know there is only one standard/highland locale . I have read a report of classification of one other lamasi locale that was not yet called panguana by some, but it had green coloration , not the typical metallic gold of the standards. I could be wrong, but I thought I had kept up on this population, as it is almost gone in the wild.
I have always kept them in vivs similar in construction and temps etc., as most other thumbs and never really tried to keep them much cooler than the average thumb viv.
The utilized most all of the vivs and are pretty active.
Some say they are skittish, but if you get them used to seeing you and interacting a bit with you as young they turn out pretty bold.
Over-all there are not too many 'tricks' to them. They just don't produce as well as any other 'established' thumbs we have here that I know of. And they are going extinct in the wild.

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:21 am

Pics of adults, as requested.
299.JPG
731.JPG
700.JPG
700.JPG (11.9 KiB) Viewed 2540 times
489.JPG
489.JPG (51.4 KiB) Viewed 2540 times
335.JPG
L1050082.JPG

Armson

Postby Armson » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:29 am

Dude.....

Stu&Shaz

Postby Stu&Shaz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Ha ha how to entice a frogkeeper into keeping a particular morph,show him some pics by Rich,ahh thanks for those as well as the answers. A repeat of a missed question Rich: how much time do they spend on the ground as opposed to up a bit. My reason for asking and being persistent is simply I will only have 40cm highvivs available 50sq on the base,i'm pondering if they will have enough height? Being cheeky you don't have a viv FTS do you?

Really appreciate the time and the pictures,stella as always
thanks

Stu

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Stu&Shaz wrote:... A repeat of a missed question Rich: how much time do they spend on the ground as opposed to up a bit...

Stu

They tend to use the whole viv stu.
I don't have any pics of their ugly tank, sorry.

goods

Postby goods » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:58 pm

I think the "other" highland population Stu was referring to are the UE Green lamasi (sirensis), which are a totally different morph and much more common/easy to breed. The greens are similar to these in that both are larger locales than the various Panguana types.
ZG

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:41 pm

goods wrote:I think the "other" highland population Stu was referring to are the UE Green lamasi (sirensis), which are a totally different morph and much more common/easy to breed. The greens are similar to these in that both are larger locales than the various Panguana types.

Those were the ones I was referring to. Yes, absolutely different in many aspects. Christman also refers to those "green lamasi " as panguana in his book series.

whitethumb

Postby whitethumb » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:33 pm

i love this pic? is she one of your females.

RichFrye wrote:
335.JPG

for some strange reason the pic isn showing. im talking about the 5 pic with spots.

pafrogguy

Postby pafrogguy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Those are beautiful Rich.

Return to “Ranitomeya Genus”