Direct Importation of Amphibians into the USA

How and when to ship. What box / packing to use. Carrier reviews. Importation questions and answers.
RichFrye

Re: Direct Importation of Amphibians into the USA

Postby RichFrye » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Who has the lehmanni you bragged about working with ?

I produce obligates year after year which I very rarely even need to advertize. You produce bullshit Roman.
Go back to work.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

If tone is more important to you than content, you are at the wrong place.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

Mantisdragon91

Postby Mantisdragon91 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:42 pm

RichFrye wrote:Who has the lehmanni you bragged about working with ?

I produce obligates year after year which I very rarely even need to advertize. You produce bullshit Roman.
Go back to work.

You mean the Lehmanni I traded away in the last eighties when I was still in High School, back when they were coming into the country for $40 or less a piece? That the best you can throw at me? I'm happy that an unemployed man can produce a few frogs in between his fishing and sailing excursions. I produce almost 100 species and several thousand specimens of frogs and lizard each and every year while working a full time job and I also rarely advertize. So where exactly does the bullshit come in? You don't see me making claims and that never seem to come to conclusion. If I choose to do something I simply do it and let people see the results afterwards.
Last edited by Mantisdragon91 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:45 pm

Yes, most would know where their lehmanni ended up.
...and exacty what dart results have you to tell me about, after being in the herp hobby for decades? I don't even remeber your last name.
Darts with parasites are analogous to mixed tanks, there are no known benefits to the frogs with either.

My new email address is rich.frye@icloud.com and new phone number is 773 577 3476

Mantisdragon91

Postby Mantisdragon91 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:49 pm

RichFrye wrote:Yes, most would know where their lehmanni ended up.
...and exacty what dart results have you to tell me about, after being in the herp hobby for decades?

Really you know where every single species that you worked with when you were 16-17 years old is residing currently? Because they were such a rare and endangered animal back than that of course a teenager would go out of his way to trace lineage :shock: Go con some one else. I know better.

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Roman,
I know about the lehmanni because YOU brought them up, bragging.
But what you don't seem to get is that simply having something in your possession (no matter how cheap, or how rare) does not mean shit. What matters is what you do with the species. You lost lehmanni to the hobby. Yet you used them as a bragging tool. When it's a good thing , you have 'worked' with them. When I ask about your great successes, you were just some dumb kid in high school. You don't get to have it both ways.
Get it now? You bring NOTHING dart-wise to the table. Except the fact you like mixing thumbs which can and will hybridize. Congrats. Now go work on your thousands on non-dart-related animals.

Mantisdragon91

Postby Mantisdragon91 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:10 pm

RichFrye wrote:Roman,
I know about the lehmanni because YOU brought them up, bragging.
But what you don't seem to get is that simply having something in your possession (no matter how cheap, or how rare) does not mean shit. What matters is what you do with the species. You lost lehmanni to the hobby. Yet you used them as a bragging tool. When it's a good thing , you have 'worked' with them. When I ask about your great successes, you were just some dumb kid in high school. You don't get to have it both ways.
Get it now? You bring NOTHING dart-wise to the table. Except the fact you like mixing thumbs which can and will hybridize. Congrats. Now go work on your thousands on non-dart-related animals.

Not quite Rich.. I don't brag about anything I merely stated that Lehmanni were the first darts I happened to work with as a kid. And I do bring something to the hobby... I keep frauds that like to make wild claims about Panacur safety honest, I arrange and pay for conference calls with respect Amphibian vets, I help build a sense of community in the MidAtlantic region by hosting meets and I produce a fair number of darts without feeling the need to let everyone constanly know about it. Anyone who knows anything about me will tell you I'm not a braggart unlike some people on here( cough ... Controlled import... Panacur study..... Breeders Union) I do my own thing and really don't feel the need to control the topic of conversation like a certain insecure midwest individual that seems to go out of their way to demand proof and validation from everyone around them.

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Keep up the good work then.

Sports_Doc

Postby Sports_Doc » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:23 pm

RichFrye wrote:You have not answered my one single question to you Shawn. Do you now consider us enemies?

No I don't. I really don't have enemies.

I admit to being disappointed that my thread was dissected by you, and that you posted here in as much of a contrary undertone as you could, just to stick your point and spite me.

I was hoping for something else.

I am disappointed in our 'public' display and for that I am sorry to Phil.

As for the future, I want nothing more then to be offered opportunity to assist or to participate even in a process designed to bring in managed #'s of animals with specific collection data. I believe though the actual process of doing so isn't as easy as you think it will be. After you are done, I'd like to get your feeling then on how practical it is for anyone to do. Easy peasy I don't think it will be.

I've been around long enough to know real change isn't easily implemented, and if it was, well U know what they say "everyone would be doing it".

Now I would still like to know how site specific animals got into your possession, and since that hasn't been answered yet, perhaps you can on another thread/ or if you would rather, in a personal email so your information will remain out of the public eye? My email again is sph_md@yahoo.com.

I hope the rest of this thread provides Phil and the DD crowd with some useful information, but as we've seen on DB after 3-4 pages anything 'good' is lost to most members, and ends up a bunch of dead bits and bytes, and rants.

I personally think this thread should be cleaned up, and started over for the sake of those who in the future [as well as now] would like to reference some 'facts' on the process. That is up to you Phil.

Or I can start it on DB, and you can go there to see it unadulterated?? [emoticon....needed....ugggg]

Best to you all,

See you 'elsewhere',

Shawn
Shawn Harrington

RichFrye

Postby RichFrye » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Shawn, I'd gladly post for the unpteenth time about my frogs' history, but it's been done to death on most. Year after year. You dig and do some work if you really don't know.
Are you REALLY interested in going frog for frog (mine then yours) on history???

And if you use the word enemy , use it when describing your own feelings, not guessing at others thoughts. Enemy is a very strong word.

Philsuma
Site Owner

Postby Philsuma » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Here's the deal folks. Some of you really really want to know how importation works and I want to level the field and shed light on it.

The HARD part is that it is a minefield, strewn with classic butt-hurt, secrets, a little name calling and broken trust.

How ? How then? How are we going to get to the bottom of how importation really works and just exactly where the frogs come from and how they wind up for sale.....and...how much this all really costs ?

It's hard going, this information. It's creating an embolism and stroking me out, but I've got to try to get it published and put on here so that the many, many people coming along can use the info and the hobby can grow and move forward.

Return to “Shipping Issues. Importing.Traveling with Frogs.”