TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU ARE A SERIOUS HERPETOCULTURIST:
Posted by Robert George Sprackland on May 27, 2011
1. You refer to all pregnant women– even your spouse – as gravid.
2. You finally throw out the worn old collecting bags and your spouse happily. shouts, “Oh boy! New pillowcases!”
3. You dislike PETA because they are too kind to the food.
4. Friends refer to your apartment as “the walk-in terrarium.”
5. Instead of a bible or mystery novel, you have a well-worn copy of Kaufeld’s “Snakes: the Keeper and the Kept” on your bedside table.
6. When you get home from work, you tell your kids to “give Mommy/Daddy a little constriction.”
7. Your biggest vacation dilemma comes down to Expo or Field Collecting.
8. You were thrown out of the theatre during “Snakes on a Plane” because your laughing disturbed the audience.
9. You have at least one large desk drawer stuffed with reptile stock lists, from back when they were actually mailed and on paper.
10. You visit zoos to see if THEY have species that you have NOT yet kept.