What's a good humidity measure?

All H2O issues. Reverse Osmosis (RO), Distilled, Rainwater, Tadpole tea, ect
Betta132

What's a good humidity measure?

Postby Betta132 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:28 pm

I think I have a feel for what humidity the frogs like. And I mean 'feel' literally- I stick my hand in and feel the air. There's one specific humidity-feel that makes the frogs come out and look happy, and I can usually keep it there. Pretty sure that's about what they like, but I'd like to know exactly how humid it is.

Philsuma
Site Owner

Re: What's a good humidity measure?

Postby Philsuma » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Betta132 wrote:I think I have a feel for what humidity the frogs like. And I mean 'feel' literally- I stick my hand in and feel the air. There's one specific humidity-feel that makes the frogs come out and look happy, and I can usually keep it there. Pretty sure that's about what they like, but I'd like to know exactly how humid it is.

Different humidity levels for different species and time of year. Quite impossible to give a recommendation. Further add to the confusion if you live in an 'odd' location like New Mexico, Phoenix AZ, Miami, Vermont - all places that have wild, seasonal swings of both humidity and temperature.

Betta132

Re: What's a good humidity measure?

Postby Betta132 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:05 pm

I'm in Texas, we get weather mood swings, but we have decent climate control.
The gauge I used to have would say 77% or so most of the time, but said gauge is gone for some weird reason... not sure where it went. I don't know the best way to measure the humidity, but I know the level that makes the frogs come out and be active. And not frantically active, just active.

Return to “Water and Humidity Discussion”